Thursday, June 16, 2005

6.16.2005
Dreams. 061505. But first, a quote: “A Man’s Dreams Are An Index To His Greatness.” Zadok Rabinowitz. Well, Mr. Rabinowitz, I must be really freakin’ great then. Observe. J
In the first, Holly and I go to a sort of Alternative Health “mall” for lack of a better term. We’re in a lobby surrounded by foliage, plants, flowers, high windows with sunlight streaming through from about 3 stories high. All kinds of offices make up the rest of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors. I’m not sure exactly why we’re there, other than to check out this doctor who claims she can see into our pasts - and - past lives. I’m skeptical to the max, and am reading some literature that has no explanation in terms of “normal” answers to the questions asked within it. The only answers on the pages are that we’ve existed many times before elsewhere throughout time, and made conscious choices to make those changes from person to person of our existence. As we get set to leave, an old friend of mine who was sitting in the lobby says “goodbye gentlemen.” I turn around and shoot him a glare and say “what are you talking about?” He says “back in the day, there was a male angel who was friends with Christ and asked him if he could please assume the role of a female. Christ granted him that wish peacefully and without hesitation. THAT’s who your wife once was…” I tell him he’s full of shit. We walk into the doctor’s office, a small closed in white room with desks full of clutter. I sit down next to Holly as she has a doctor go over some readings and charts and tells her that “have you ever heard the story of…” and she inserts the name of this angel. I’m still very skeptical and tell her she’s full of shit… then, she shows me pictures of the whole process. I remember thinking how the hell do you expect me to believe that those are REAL pictures? She just smiles and her assistant who is sitting at a desk next to me says “take a look here…”
She has a spinning photo carousel with random pictures featuring ME from all my childhood and adult life. I’m amazed that these photos are on her desk, as I know that my mom or my dad and stepmom haven’t sent her any. “Where did you get these?” She simply smiles and points to my head. I feel a strange sensation in my stomach - a combination of extreme happiness…and extreme awe. Utter confusion, really. Holly and I thank the doctors and we leave down the stairs back to the lobby. I see my old friend sitting there and I shoot him a glance and tell him he’ll not be hearing from me for a long time.

Next, I am attending a seminar by myself. At this seminar, the goal is for people to be challenged to go beyond their earthly life and/or talents and break through to achieve something they’ve wanted before they go on to their next “life”. I talk with the head of the seminar quite a bit and ask lots of questions. He suffers through them with a smile and looks at me and says “The answers are NOT going to be found by asking so many questions. The ultimate answer to your questions are all going to be centered around the fact that we exist BECAUSE WE DO.” Never satisfied with a bullshit answer like that, I sit through his seminar and challenge folks left and right during the breaks between sentences of his speech. “You can’t just exist without questioning the answers!” I’m laughed at the whole time.

In the 3rd dream I can remember, my buddy Jason (aka J Dub) came over to chill at my place. Funnily, the place was my old house from when I was 5 years old til I was 16 in DeWitt. He comes over and says hello to my dad and brother and sister who are all watching motorcycle racing on TV. He stops and checks out some of the race before he continues down the stairs to the rec room. “I didn’t know you liked motorcycles, J Dub” and he replies, “Oh, yeah. Love ‘em. I used to race ‘em all the time.” I tell him he’ll love this, and I show him a video of me in some field racing a motorcycle and doing jumps and tricks and stuff.

Finally, in the 4th dream, I’m with Holly somewhere on a date. It’s a special occasion because we’re dressed up and stuff. I tell her to check this out… and I give her a single yellow flower (probably a sunflower or something…). She looks at it longingly and really seems to love it. Then I say, “smell it…” and so she does, and when the tip of her nose touches the first petal, a bunch of tiny tiny blue flowers pop up on the petal of the yellow flower. She’s in tears at how beautiful it really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home