Monday, May 09, 2005

I'm A Cop? Ha! Yeah. Right.

5.9.2005
Dream last night: Yours truly is an undercover cop. in this large large office building with a huge open foyer and spiral staircases leading up to lots of individual offices and rooms on the upper floors...tv monitors and things all over the lobby and foyer... very clean surroundings, very busy, very high tech...splashes of color all around, but still relatively sterile. until - soft! what light yonder breaks! a gunshot rings out, and a thug has a young lady in a rear headlock and is dragging her up one of the spiral staircases and reigning shots down with his pistol while using the young woman as a human shield. I race up the staircase, my pistol brandished and fitting in the cradle of my palm like a familiar handshake in my right hand. I have a clean shot between a few of the metal slats on the guard rail near one of the stops on the staircase and nail the assailant in the leg, and when I catch up, proceed to pump the rest of the 5 shots into the dude's chest. The woman runs away. The medics come and get the dude and take him away. I go to an office a few flights up and "check in" for some paperwork. There's all these individual cubicles with these nice middle aged attractively dressed ladies in various states of work and/or gossip. Laughing and joking with me as I fill out whatever necessary paperwork I'm being asked to fill out (not even sure if it's because of what just happened). Then, I leave and go down to the lobby again and there's some folks huddled around a monitor watching some training video or something and an old friend/classmate of mine that I haven't seen in 16 years does the old buddy right hand around my collarbone thing and is like "how ya doin' man? I remember my first one...it's a tough thing to get through but you'll be okay..."

That's all I remember.

I know I hate guns. Can't imagine using one to shoot a person at all. Weird. Oh, yeah. Or, being a cop.

So I looked this up on my Dream Interpretation Page A Day Calendar from a few weeks ago

"For Freud and company, guns are phallic images (yeaah baby!), signs of potency and strength. Other interpreters are struggle or a threatening confrontation in your waking life. Gunslingers have an unfair advantage (is it my charm? my good looks? my potency?... not a chance :)) Who has more might than right in your waking life? But no matter who's holding the gun, your anger built the dream, so it's probably smart to explore your violent feelings by day"

Thank goodness for the 70 pound heavy bag here not too far from my office…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home